Widespread use of antibiotics and disinfectants has led to increase of antibiotic resistant bacteria. Antibiotics and disintectants should be replaced with lactic acid bacteria products.
|Ethanol based disintectant.|
The antibacterial doctrine is prevailing in treatment of inflammation and in cleaning of the skin of patients and health care workers. According to this doctrine bacteria are harmful and potential sources of deseases and therefore bacteria must be attacked by antibiotics and disinfectants.
Even though there are reasonable (and historical) premises supporting this doctrine, practical application of it has gone too far. The baby has been thrown away with the bathwater. Some bacteria are good and actually they are very important for a healthy life. However antibacterial products do not make any difference between good guys and bad guys. Destroying effect threats all the same, which leads to unstability of natural bacteria fauna and gives opportunity to harmful bacteria to gain ground. It also provokes bacteria to find protection against the antibacterial attack. Protection is mainly spread by antibiotic resistant genes among bacteria and they use very sophisticated mechanisms to tranfer these genes.
Antibacterial doctrine should be replaced with the probiotic doctrine, which intend to advance survival of natural bacteria fauna (good bacteria) and increase their number. This doctrine is based on lactic acid bacteria (LAB), which can be used internally and externally.
1) Ethanol based disinfectants (antiseptics hand rubs) should be replaced with ordinary everyday hygiene ( water + soap) accompanied with lactic acid bacteria products to maintain LAB level in skin.
2) Disintectants should not be used within surgery patients. Skin should be treated only with water, soap and LAB-products.
3) Inflammation should be treated with LAB invasion in order to regain the natural bacteria fauna of the tissue. LAB invasion gains ground from the harmful bacteria. When bacteria are not attacked they are not provoked to find protection against the attack.
4) Disinfectants should be used only for cleaning of tools.
5) LAB should be added to normal diet to maintain good health and keeping the immune system in good working order.
WRITER IS PRESENTING HERE ONLY PERSONAL OPINIONS AND THEY ARE NOT MEDICAL ADVICES. ANY ACTION YOU TAKE UPON THE INFORMATION ON THIS BLOG TEXT IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK.